Saturday, June 8, 2013

Potato Soup

    Looked online the other day for potato soup recipes, but I didn't find anything that interested me, so I made my own. Here it is. I'd also add celery, if there was any in the fridge. I did puree about 2 cups of soup after cooking for about 30 minutes-then added the puree back to the pot.
 It turned out great-husband loved it-but I think the next time, I might add some greek nonfat yogurt at the end to thicken it up a little more. 

Ingredients
2-3 potatoes, chopped
3-4 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped 
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 T. oil
4c. water
2 tsp. bouillon
1 t. savory
1/2  t. thyme
1 t. 2 brothers all-purpose seasonings
2-3 shakes of celery seed
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste

Saute the vegetables in oil for about 5 -8 minutes, then add water, bouillon, and seasonings, Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook about 40-50 minutes-til potatoes and carrots are done. Then-enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment