Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Taste of Heaven

                                                                   
 The name of this restaurant says it all! Everything I've ever ordered has been superb. They have breakfasts, soup, sandwiches and entrees-not to mention spectacular desserts. What's not to love? Whenever we go to the Anderson-
ville,  area,we make sure to hit Taste of Heaven at least once.
    Last week we went for dinner. My daughter ordered blackened tilapia salad  which was just mouth-watering.  The degree of spiciness was perfect and the fish was so tender,  it literally melted in my mouth when I took a taste.  I got spinach lasagna which was delicious. It wasn't real cheesy which is exactly how I prefer it. The sauce was perfectly spiced and had lots of fresh chunks of tomatoes-just scrumptious!  Of course we couldn't pass up desserts-although we took them home to enjoy later- I got a chocolate cake layered with raspberries in a sauce. It was fabulous- wonderfully chocolaty and moist. My daughter got Jineen's  cake, which is one of their specialties. It's a yellow cake with white icing and a thick layer of fresh berries that seem to be mixed with whipping cream. It was fantastic. We split them and each had half. That's a perfect way to eat them because the mix of chocolate , vanilla and fresh berries was unbeatable. I highly recommend this restaurant-we go there frequently and have never been disappointed.
    The restaurant itself is small and cozy. Decor is charming with several small quilts hung on the walls along with other knick-knacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment